At Speedspace, we are committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, contractors, clients and the general public. We are continuously upgrading and improving our safety policies, procedures and practices to meet international standards and comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Here are a few examples of the way in which we focus on maintaining the highest of safety standards:
- We prioritise and promote safety discussions at our place of work as well as the sites where we are contracted to offer our services.
- We have a dedicated safety department that ensures we comply with regulatory safety as well site safety requirements.
- All our staff are given specialised safety training, while they are all skilled and qualified in the tasks they are assigned to ensure all work is carried out professionally and safely.
- Our full-time safety officer and his teams ensure that our employees are inducted according to the tasks at hand.
- Every morning, safety talks are conducted followed by a thorough review of our risk assessments associated with the daily tasks.
- We believe in and implement a pro-active approach to safety at our various offices as well as every site we work at.
Many years ago, we made a decision to prioritise safety compliance. While many contractors still find safety and compliance somewhat cumbersome, we have embraced it and this has provided us with much-needed credibility with many of the mines and sites we work at, providing our customers with the peace of mind of knowing that their projects will be managed in line with their stringent safety requirements.